LEARNING FOR BUSINESS SUCCESS
When conducting in internal audit, you will find a part of the business is not performing up to expectation. The marketing might not be getting any traction; The ROI division might have plummeted. The tools that can help fix the situation are the SWOT analysis. This basically breaks down into specific Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats; it can also isolate ways to inform planning to emphasis the poor audit result. In the seminars we learnt how to demonstrate an understanding of graduate skills for e.g… Employability skills, changing labour market; what key skills are, how they apply to graduates generally and more specifically, how they apply to themselves using variety of diagnostics and self-audit tools. In the last
A Brief Introduction
Since starting Wolverhampton University I have learnt the different skills sets being used in learning such as communicating in groups with different people. . In the seminars we learnt how to demonstrate an understanding of graduate skills for e.g… Employability skills, changing labour market; what key skills are, how they apply to graduates generally and more specifically, how they apply to themselves using variety of diagnostics and self-audit tools. In the past weeks in lectures we learnt self-awareness and understanding of the principles of learning and continuous professional development (CPD); including personal development planning, writing SMART objectives, taking actions, critically reflecting on own learning and monitoring my own progression and grasping the skills to research different topics for example in one of the units: ”Learning for business success” we learnt how to use SWOT analysis. On this unit ” Learning for Business Success” the activities we had to do was questionnaires, group works and research relative strength and weakness on learning styles
SWOT analysis is a tool for auditing an organization and its environment. It is the first stage of planning and helps marketers to focus on key issues. SWOT analysis concentrates on the internal marketing environment whilst TOWS matrix is quite similar to SWOT analysis but it concentrates on the external marketing mix
A summary of the key things I have learnt so far about myself at the University
The key things I learn t so far about the university is:
• Team work – Wherever you work, there’s a strong chance that you’ll have to get along with a variety of people. That’s one of the reasons that teamwork appears so often on job specifications for graduate roles. You need to be able to take other people’s opinions into account and make sure that you consider the people around you when making a decision. Teamwork is also a big part of university life. You might have to complete a group project or work on a presentation as part of a team. Those who’ve taken part in group activities such as Business marketing for example it concentrates on market share, Legislations, SWOT analysis, external marketing, internal marketing and the PESTLE analysis. On the market share I’ve learnt and researched if you got a business or have worked for a serious corporation for any amount of your time, you’ve got detected as the term ”market share.” Market share is the share of shoppers that an organization has captured from a specific, desired market among other businesses. Although market share does not tell a person something concerning the money health of his company, knowing his share of market share provides him a concept of the scales and aggressiveness of his business, compared to his competition.
• Presentation – The key things I learn during this year was doing presentation. Before doing the presentation I had to group up with people that I have met first time and was told to dress smart this experience taught me confidence and having the determination to deliver a professional presentation. The same things apply to both situations. Presentation skills are useful once you’re working as you’ll often have to contribute to meetings and be comfortable talking to clients and those in more senior positions to you.
• Time management – time management is very key in prioritizing tasks on a daily basis, but it’s possible to start improving these skills by applying a few simple in studying and multitasking at university. On my studying time management is very important because it
• You’ll be prioritising tasks on a daily basis in your job, but it’s possible to start improving these skills by applying a few simple tips to university life. You’ll have deadlines to meet and exams to prepare for, as well as many students juggling part-time jobs.
Manage your time by creating a to-do list, prioritising your studies over your job and social life and setting goals and time limits so that you use your time effectively. Being able to organise your time could help you get excellent results at University as well as at work.
On the theory about SWOT I have learnt and researched that Albert Humphrey was an American business and management consultant. During his work at the Stanford Research Institute (1960 – 1970), he produced a team method for planning which was named SOFT analysis; this has developed into what we now know as a SWOT analysis. There are different theories I have learnt this year such as the 7 P’s. These are:
• Physical Evidence
Key factors I learnt during this year:
• Time management – Perhaps the most obvious skill I have developed during this year
• Social networking
• Presenting ideas
• External marketing
• Internal marketing
• PESTLE Analysis
• SWOT Analysis
• Marketing Metrix