King of Swing Wasim Akram
You have seen many bowlers in cricket. There is a vast detail list of blowers who played magnificent innings in their career. In this one name is Wasim Akram who did an excellent job. He took lots of wickets with his great arm action and swing ball deliveries. He is the only bowler who can put 6 unique deliveries in one over spell. Wasim Akram was born on 3rd June 1966 in Lahore. He did his intermediate education from the Government Islamia College Civil Lines. He was also in the college cricket team and played as opener batsman and bowler in the club team. He became a diabetic patient in the early age of his career. In one of his TV interview, he told that it was shocking for me that sportsmen can be a patient of diabetes.
Furthermore, in the year 1995, Wasim Akram got married to Huma Wasim Akram. They have two sons Taimoor and Akbar born in 1996 and 2000 respectively. In the 25th October 2009, his wife Huma Wasim Akram got died due to body organ failure in the private hospital of India. After that, on 7th July 2013 Wasim Akram got engaged to Australian lady Shaniera Thompson and on 12th August 2013 they got married. On 27th December 2014, they blessed with a baby girl Aila Akram.
Some of the Fascinating Facts of Wasim Akram Career.
1. Wasim Akram was just a club cricketer and in the start of his career, he was rejected to Bowel in his even club cricket team.
2. Wasim Akram started his test career in 1985 against New Zealand and honored with taking 10 wickets in the second innings.
3. Wasim Akram was offered his first international match on the recommendation of Javed Miandad.
4. Wasim Akram started his one-day innings career against New Zealand in 1984
5. In the World Championship of Benson & Hedges one day series in that series, Wasim Akram got 5 wickets against Australia
6. In 1986 the Astro Aisa Cup Wasim Akram smashed the whole team of New Zealand in the second semifinal with help of Abdul Kadir Khan on just 64 scores. This is considered as the biggest victory of Pakistan against New Zealand in one-day series.
7. Wasim Akram completed his first 100 wickets against West Indies team.
8. In the same match with West Indies Wasim Akram privileged to take 5 wickets 2nd time.
9. This is the same match in which Wasim Akram did his first Hat-trick. In his Hat-trick the all the batsman got clean bold against West Indies.
10. Wasim Akram did his second Hat-trick in the Sharjah cricket stadium against Australia. Again in this Hat-trick, he smashed all three batsmen with the clean chit.
11. Wasim Akram’s biggest achievement was the World Cup of 1992 in which he changed the match direction by taking 2 continues wickets of England.
12. He was the man of the match in 1992 World Cup series final match against England.
13. From 1994 to 1996 Wasim Akram took 84 wickets in 39 matches
14. From 1992 to 1998 Wasim Akram took 198 wickets in 131 matches of his one day career
15. In five years of his career, Wasim Akram thrilled with taking 14 times took 4 wickets in different matches.
16. In 104 test matches, Wasim Akram took 17 times man of the match award.
17. Wasim Akram was privileged with 4 times Hat-trick in International cricket matches
18. Sri Lankan player Malinga and Wasim Akram are the only players who took the most Hat-tricks in the international cricket.
19. In 256 one day international matches. Wasim Akram privileged 22 times with man of the match award
20. Wasim Akram is the only Pakistani player who was honored to play in all-time world XI test series squad
21. In the time of World Cup of 2003, Wasim Akram is the only player who got 500 wickets in one-day international matches.
22. In the 2002 Wisdom issued his all times best players ranking list in which Wasim Akram was privileged with World’s best and biggest bowler award.
23. Wasim Akram also remained the bowling coach of Calcutta Knight Riders IPL.
24. Nowadays Wasim Akram is performing his job as a Director of Pakistani Super League Team Islamabad United and bowling coach as well.
King of Swing Wasim Akram